• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

First ever landrover

Plus 1 , as an alternative seen others fit the Jaguar 2.7 engine , along with swapping bits over from the old Land Rover engine

another issue is so called engine builders , plenty that have been ripped off , think for a decent recon people are paying around 5k

Yep and then more on top of that.
Why would you fit a new engine into a vehicle that at 8 years old built in the modern way is end of life...?
I've seen 6 year old discos on the ramp that are absolutely rotten.

indeed as u rightly say, no point spending approx 18-20k by the time its all been fitted

my next disco will be a petrol as heard alot of good things about the engines , being the 4.4 and 5.0 N/A , however a 2012 D4 5.0 are still fetching 30k

alas the ULEZ isn’t helping the situation for the none compliant diesels, hoping I can at least keep my 2005 going for as long as I can after all the hard work I’ve put into it

assume it’s the same for many others that are in the same situation of not being able to afford 10k + replacements

indeed as u rightly say, no point spending approx 18-20k by the time its all been fitted

my next disco will be a petrol as heard alot of good things about the engines , being the 4.4 and 5.0 N/A , however a 2012 D4 5.0 are still fetching 30k
A big 8cyl engine is what they are supposed to have in not a stupid 2.0 4 cyl wound out so tight it goes pop at 60k miles...

A big 8cyl engine is what they are supposed to have in not a stupid 2.0 4 cyl wound out so tight it goes pop at 60k miles...

they also sound really nice , lol

talking of the smaller engines I see the 2.0 are also having a lot of problems , also hardly hear any snap crank issues in the Jags / Citreon that have the TDV6 and SDV6 fitted

amazed that JLR still won’t admit they have issues with these engines

think the best engine I ever had was my petrol 2.6 in my old series 3 safari , never let me down once come rain or shine

with the more modern landies it seems the petrol 4.4 and 5.0 are best of the bunch out of all of them

at least the chassis‘s on the D3/4 are extremely good , however have seen rotten sills but that seems where side steps are fitted causing a water trap and behind the rear plastic wheel arch liners where mud is allowed to build up

Last edited:
they also sound really nice , lol

talking of the smaller engines I see the 2.0 are also having a lot of problems , also hardly hear any snap crank issues in the Jags / Citreon that have the TDV6 and SDV6 fitted
Disco is big , heavy and 4wd it requires a strong engine.
The big old 4.0 V8s are strong along with the Tdis but they kind of lost there way after that,sure the td5 was ok but it will always vibrate itself to death.

Back
Top Bottom