• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Wheel nut madness

Probably because someone has fitted the later metric studs and nuts as fitted to the series 3. Or possibly someone has fitted a later axle. You could fit the later studs and nuts to your back axle too so they are all the same. David

Quite possibly somebody swapped an entire axle for a later one. Done it myself...by have done like David says, and also swapped the nuts and studs in the other axle. It's a pain having different sets.

Mine had 3 wheels with small ones and one with big, it happens. Drill the small ones out (9/16 BSF) and press / pull in the M16's (you need to reces for the head). Search this forum, I posted all the instructions, its worth doing.
You need a pillar drill and some blacksmiths drills, after that its just hard work.

Back
Top Bottom