• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

May photo competition

Rustee nutz

Extreme Landy Fan
Let’s see some pictures of your favourite non landy vehicals no jeeps allowed 😀I’ll start this with my reliant ant 😀
IMG_5639.jpeg

Here's the front of our campervan in bits....

PXL_20240430_140032860.jpg

And slowly going back together....

PXL_20240430_155023842.jpg

(It was at this point I decided to have intimate relations with the angle grinder. That put paid to further progress for a day)

That new front crossmember looks cool. It weighs about 20lb. This is what it replaced.

PXL_20240430_140054127_copy_800x600.jpg

Not much left. Really didn't think it was 'that' bad. Knew it was scabby, but... Bumper going back on today. The rest of the chassis is sound!

Next job is to repair the wheel arches and inner wings at the front. Got some new wings to go on, but for now...had enough.

This is how it looks normally. It's a T4 based Auto sleeper Clubman.

PXL_20230721_145140816.jpg

At 27 years old, it's the youngest vehicle we own!

Here's the front of our campervan in bits....

View attachment 531237

And slowly going back together....

View attachment 531238

(It was at this point I decided to have intimate relations with the angle grinder. That put paid to further progress for a day)

That new front crossmember looks cool. It weighs about 20lb. This is what it replaced.

View attachment 531239

Not much left. Really didn't think it was 'that' bad. Knew it was scabby, but... Bumper going back on today. The rest of the chassis is sound!

Next job is to repair the wheel arches and inner wings at the front. Got some new wings to go on, but for now...had enough.

This is how it looks normally. It's a T4 based Auto sleeper Clubman.

View attachment 531240

At 27 years old, it's the youngest vehicle we own!
Wow that cross member certainly was tired . Looks much better with the new one on 👍

My favourite non landy is my old Mitsubishi Evo7 but i dont have pictures of that i can get to easily so here is a more recent replacement
450 or so bhp rear wheel drive….medium mad…..Evo was more committed bonkers but this is equally quick if a bit more comfortable and controlled

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 16
I bought this Ford Ranger new in 2011 and it's reliably taken me both to work everyday and on countless adventures ever since. It's a base-model and nothing special but it's treated me better than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Thanks little buddy! 😁
20220626_114830.jpg

Really like the canoe rack @SeriesG 👍
You know... I get more positive comments on that quicko-built cedar rack than anything else I've ever built! There's really nothing more to it but a hundred bucks of lumber yard stock and some galvanized hardware but it's solid as a rock and totally does the job. If there's one thing I've learned it's "Build it solid" and get on with it! 😁

Last weekend I had the pleasure and privilege of staying in a fantastic 60's style ski lodge it's within the grounds of where my mate works. I opted to take Freddie the Focus mostly because of the remote location the van would be a nightmare in the tight and narrow lanes. The Volvo S40 is playing stilly games with limp mode and almost no ground clearance and not sure how I'd cope with the stiff suspension for such a long drive. So I took my Ford Focus the best worst car I've ever had. Few years ago the alarm kept going off, the engine would cut out for no reason - absolute bonkers gremlins with everything electrical. turned out to be water ingress into the BCU. Two weeks parked up in a dry garage with the battery disconnected and it's been fine since. Until the kids grew and it's too small for the three of them in the back. As for the boot space absolute nightmare too small to be useful as a family car. Has a gearbox knock but can't get a garage to commit to changing the gearbox and engine mounts until they fail - unless I spend an absolute fortune on it.

However I Love it to bits! 65mpg enough poke to be fun on the twisty bits enough of a cruiser to make the hour after hour motorway not too bad. Sound system is great and most important I can drive it for hours at a time without getting sore / achy. In my mind it looks bloody gorgeous too!

fred.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom