• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Discovery td5 fpr

Bilge rat 1

Big Landy Fan
Anyone recommend a good recon kit , Seen this one 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_1571.png
    IMG_1571.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 17
Take your time on the rebuild use gasket sealer and I think it will be fine.
I made the mistake of buying a Bosch FPR for my TD5, it was £30 Quid cheaper than OE and I thought being Bosch it would be as good as.
It leaked ! Wouldn't sit flush, so thankfully the retailer accepted it back and I bought OE. Spot on.
Dunno if it was faulty or something with the engine mating surface.

Take your time on the rebuild use gasket sealer and I think it will be fine.
I made the mistake of buying a Bosch FPR for my TD5, it was £30 Quid cheaper than OE and I thought being Bosch it would be as good as.
It leaked ! Wouldn't sit flush, so thankfully the retailer accepted it back and I bought OE. Spot on.
Dunno if it was faulty or something with the engine mating surface.
I have done one before, used a Bosch unit then , can’t remember if it was this l/r or my old one 🤔. Mind you I’ve had this one 11 yrs and it’s done 175,000 ,
Think my part is coming tomorrow 👍

This is £70 bit short of about £260 for gen , I may go for it and report back , it is a Bosch regulator, so should be good 🤔
one slight thought on a Bosch part ... it was rumored that the part that were classed as seconds ..i.e not 100% shall we say .. were/are being sent to ..shall we say India and then a soldering iron is used to alter the numbers on the unit ..or even just resold with out doing any thing .. and then being resold back into this country as genuine units .. by euro car parts .. back in the day .. .. does it still happen ..?? even though they were bought out from the original owners years ago .. ?? all i can say is i will not buy a light bulb from them .. but that is only my opinion .. on euro car parts ...

Word of warning. If the FPR is repaired with one of the bosch regulators now being sold, make sure you buy from a verified reliable parts supplier. I did this a few years ago before they became readily available. Mine turned out to be a Chinese knock off. After a couple of months of use, it gave way and allowed diesel to flow through it at high pressure straight out of the the little pipe on its side. This went down and onto the road via my chassis, etc. Unfortunately I was wizzing along at the time and it nearly killed me as diesel quickly got onto my tyres and caused me to loose traction and start to spin.
I was lucky to be able to control the things and stop since I was on a country back road. Had this happened on the motorway I'd most probably be brown bread!

Thanks guys , all comments taken on board , think I’ll add a hose or something, but then where do I point it 🤔, Done about 70mls today all good to now 👍

Update did it last Saturday, add of a job , I’ve hands like a monkey and thought at one point it was going to stay there, 🙄. On a good note no leaks runs a treat have dug the box out it came in to see if it looks gen,
All good up to now 👍

Back
Top Bottom