• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Central Locking Actuator

LuckyMk

In Second Gear
Sorry to add to this but I can't seem to find a concise answer to this.

Just Bought a Disco 2 and the remote and central locking does work as I can hear the motors moving.

However this only unlocks the passenger door and the boot. I have to open the driver door with the Key and I have to open the rear doors from in inside. I am told that this is just the actuators but I honestly don't know.

It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction for the correct part or even just another thread discussing this.

Thanks!

Yes, actuators are two: one to close and another to open in each door lock. Electric box inside each unit has connections, these connections, not soldered, may fail. Sometimes twisting this plastic box actuators return to life. Sometimes is necesary to replace door lock or to repair them.

Yes, actuators are two: one to close and another to open in each door lock. Electric box inside each unit has connections, these connections, not soldered, may fail. Sometimes twisting this plastic box actuators return to life. Sometimes is necessary to replace door lock or to repair them.

Thanks

This seems close to what I have as all doors lock just fine but the ones with the dodgy actuators must be opened from the inside.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction for a part as I can't find anything concise when looking for an "Unlocking Actuator".

I have never looked but thought there was only one per door in a push/pull type arrangement.
You either need to remove the door card to have a look or try a parts manual. Haynes may help.
Same with the plastic clip.
If you go to a Landrover parts retailer they will have a parts manual. Ask for door lock actuator and see if there is a choice.

Back
Top Bottom