• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Can you kill-off Stop/Start on D4?

theglassman

In Second Gear
Hi all. Just bought my first D4 and it has that 'Stop/Start' system fitted. It really annoys me. Is there a way to properly disable the system to avoid having to do so every time you start the car?
Otherwise, it's a joy to drive, like an armchair on wheels after my previous FL2 Metro.

For some reason the manufacturer’s don’t set the start/stop system to default’off’ so you can select it if you want to have it ‘start/stop. The wife’s Ford Kuga has it and it’s a bloody nuisance.
If you or I were electrical wizards I’m it would be possible to reverse the‘default’.
Got to agree with you on the drive of the D4
A lovely car to drive👍

Plus 1 , personally have a D3 and that’s also extremly nice to drive

Know u can turn the keyless entry off, also thought I saw someone turn it off via diagnostics, wonder if removing the stop start fuse or disconnecting the small battery would work, saying that I assume a warning light would come on once disabled

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpeg
    IMG_0760.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You can buy modules that after startup wait a predetermined amount of time then deactivate the system, by "pressing the button".... if it's just a button. If it's in a menu system, its more complicated.

They have to be ON be default to comlpy with the regulations around these things.

my BMW 4 series has this and it can be reconfigured as 'last state' rather than defaulting to on every time you start.
this need a paid for app and a suitable blutooth obd dongle. there will likely be a few tools that can change this setting.
perhaps there is one that can modify the D stopstart annoyance

Plus 1 , I’ve got an Autel mx808 which really opened my eyes of the amount these bigger scanners will perform

Felt extremely lucky and blessed as my pops treated me to it as he said he would rather see me have the enjoyment of it than after, couldn’t believe all the extras they have , see the even bigger ones have built in oscilloscopes etc but they are around 5k

Also like the fact that it’s not locked to one vehicle like my gap iid is , of course very happy to plug it in to the long term wonderful friends I’ve made on here over the years for the price of a cuppa, even managed to reset my neighbour's adblue warning light several times and saved him nearly £6-800 from dealer fees until he was able to fit a new sensor

Attachments

• IMG_2416.jpeg
    IMG_2416.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2411.jpeg
    IMG_2411.jpeg
    451 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2422.jpeg
    IMG_2422.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2423.jpeg
    IMG_2423.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2424.jpeg
    IMG_2424.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 6
I find the Stop Start very annoying. Daughters Polo defaults to 'on' each time I turn it off following a restart. Yet wife's KA, once turned off stays off.

Back
Top Bottom