• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Away AGAIN in the motorhome .....

mistericeman

Big Landy Fan
This time ....one of my fave spots over on the East coast near to Spurn point ....

Fantastic quiet basic spot
With super fab chilled owners
Huge grass field to ourselves (well shared with our hounds)
En suite wading birds/deer/bird life etc
Short walk to the raised bank of the river Humber and ships aplenty over at Immingham .

Short drive to lovelly villages and the coast etc ....

Even the odd dead Sperm Whale ....

Screenshot_20240503_210608_Gallery.jpg
20240502_165504.jpg
20240502_195555.jpg
20240502_195607.jpg
20240503_135259.jpg
20240503_135212.jpg
20240503_111930.jpg
20240503_135500.jpg
20240503_152308.jpg
20240503_152345.jpg

An area I used to fish quite regularly, and every time I visited you could see the erosion that had taken place.. Much of it disappearing at an alarming ratešŸ˜³
Your park up looks idyllic šŸ‘

Been that way since they axed the train line to there about 60 years ago :p

Does make a nice day out though, away from the masses that are likely at Hornsea or Bridlington etc.
Probably a bit less nice for the shop owners though!
Quietest I've ever known it over here ....
Great folks though ...
Lived and worked in Howden for a good few years .....

Love the empty Ness over here so much .

You silly sodšŸ˜

Yeah. I mean it's obvious it was dropped there by a really BIG gull...
Must have been the same one that crapped on the CRV just after Id put the pressure washer away from washing off the last load of gull poo...
Timing is everything. And you must get the altitude right so you get just the right amount of coverage over maximum bodywork without wasting any on the gravel... šŸ˜ 

...the same one that crapped on the CRV just after Id put the pressure washer away from washing off the last load of gull poo...
Timing is everything. And you must get the altitude right so you get just the right amount of coverage over maximum bodywork without wasting any on the gravel... šŸ˜ 
Maybe it goes like this...

Imagine you're a gull flying over the highly polished roof of a newly cleaned car.
You look down and see this OTHER gull flying INVERTED below you!!
So you (the gull) think "I'll show that Fokker* "
And proceed to crap over the gull below...

I agree about the precision though. What a shot!

*Other makes of aircraft are available.

Looks great, I really need to explore that part of the east coast. Off to Filey area in the summer.

What did that rotting Sperm whale smell like? Fish or spā€¦ Well someone had to ask!

Oddl
Looks great, I really need to explore that part of the east coast. Off to Filey area in the summer.

What did that rotting Sperm whale smell like? Fish or spā€¦ Well someone had to ask!

Oddly it didn't smell at first ......

THEN i swapped sides ...and the wind was blowing towards me ...
And JEEZ it smelled like death on a stick ...
Had to cover my nose on return to the van .

Oddly I left a bit of mackerel in the fridge and 4 days later I could smell it 5 yards away, @mistericeman a 40 ton sperm whale washes up/landed dropped out of someone's chip box and you had to swap sides to smell it!!! You need a doctor mate, I should imagine the good lord himself could smell it up therešŸ¤£

Back
Top Bottom