• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

....and today you have purchased???

I had a grinding wheel disintigrate when I was sharpening a chisel , still have bits of it in my hand !! the metal casing basically went into shards and quaterised my hand as it went in ,so not infection, but when you go for and MRI's . OH be jezez its painful , now have a lead thingy glove to put on, as sadly do MRI's too frequently !

The cap was a gift rather than my purchase, and I'm rather pleased how close it matches Morag's paintwork.
PXL_20240504_155559060.MP.jpg

Arrived a couple of days ago - an angled screwdriver and a cordless Milwaukee soldering iron.
Just now I've ordered x2 Fire Safety Stick FSS100's and 2nd gen holders for them. One to go in the front cabin and one to go in the rear cabin.

Visited a bike autojumble in forfar and bought an oooooold compression testing kit in a lovely old black steel box.
Must be 50/60s vintage…..adaptor threads tomevery size of sparkplug ive seen and some i havent

Anyone used one of these in anger yet ? pretty impressive sales video , just wondering if they live up to it !!!
Seen a couple of vids which decided me to take the plunge. At this price I won't be setting one off for the hell of it though :D
I've used foam and powder - bit of a mess to clear up afterwards. On our last biz site we had 46 foam extinguishers - all needing annual inspections and occasional recharging - used to cost us a fortune. Fire & Rescue also advised us not to use out of date extinguishers for training as they have been known to rupture. I'd bet that applies more to really old extinguishers, but I didn't like the short 'discharge time', weight and size anyway.
What attracted me was the saving on size and weight, the longer discharge time and lack of 'post-fire residue'. Plus they do tackle the types of fire likely in a camping Defender including fat and oil fires.
As I commented on an earlier thread the initial cost is high, but with a 15 year working life if you service extinguishers annually this will even out over their lifespan.
I'll post photos on my restoration thread when they are fitted.
Attached is a review on the Fire Stick. I disagree with one of the disadvantages listed which highlights a short discharge time. With 100 seconds that is way longer than the 12-15 seconds you'd get from the small extinguishers most people carry. I do agree that you need to extinguish the source fully. One of the vids I saw was for an engine fire with oil on fire on the ground. The guy put out the oil fire and moved on too quickly to the engine compartment allowing the oil to reignite. Wasted time having to go back to it.
Another comment is it is for 'early stage fires'. If the car is ablaze you ain't going to put it out with a 1kg traditional extinguisher either.
Anyway that's my reasoning on going down this route.

Due some more bits for my karcher pro jet washer,from amazon a lot cheaper than genuine. Crafty how the lance has an M18 threaded end,but most bits available are usually 1/4 bsp. Crafty buggers assume captive market but no its not,the brass end does unscrew. You can buy adapters for the diy yellow models too.
Bonus its a 1/4 std thread on end,so I can easily fit aftermarket parts. Already brought the blaster & nozzle set,waiting for lance extension's,spare gun & quick connectors.
IMG_3518.jpeg

IMG_3520.jpeg

I occasionally get different jobs,last year I was going to clean a big driveway & all round patio. They also had a fountain with a statue, that would be perfect for a hand held gun.
Job didn't happen after the hernia though.

Just check for the lowest price,but also make sure it's sent by Amazon. Not sent from a third party seller, usually says on right of the page.
Few items I was going to buy,then realised this so it's not free returns.

Solar panel
MPPT Charger
15m flexible copex
2x Outdoor security cameras
2x 12v Flood lights
4x florescent 12 v strip lights for the sheds

Going to go off grid CCTV / lighting for the garden over the other flat. Some @hole has been going in and trying to get in the shed (if they bothered to look through the window they'd see it's empty).

I caught a guy on the camera from the flat nicking the string off my flag pole - middle kid gutted he wanted to put a new flag on. Now I need to restring it first (Need to work that one out as a separate issue). The @hole in question has broken part of the fence climbing over the wall. Perfectly good side gate to walk through that's not locked. If I catch a decent face pic I'll report to the police - I suspect it's a local druggie and police wont do anything. If that's the case I'll print face pic with a letter and post to every single house / flat in the street stating the person is a trespassing thief with no care for what damage they cause or upset by stealing.

Future projects:

IOT relay board for the lights
The garden is accessed via a hedge tunnel - I'm going to panel the inside of the tunnel with tin sheets then add a full height gate at both ends that only opens with a code.
Plant more thorny plants along the soft boundary (above 4' wall). String very fine wire through the middle of the hedges so where the scroats push their way through they'll get stuck
Upgrade to a battery array rather than single battery
Add stealth generator so I can run it once or twice a week to charge the batteries in winter

Just check for the lowest price,but also make sure it's sent by Amazon. Not sent from a third party seller, usually says on right of the page.
Few items I was going to buy,then realised this so it's not free returns.
I usually click the box for Prime deliveries only, then sort by customer reviews.
The Karcher Im currently using has the quick release connectors, so it wont be easy to find the swivel adapters I dont think... I may have to adapt...

Back
Top Bottom