• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Series today?

not enough left keep popping of
I was lucky, it snapped just upside of the circlip groove for the reverse lockout spring.
So, I ripped off the circlip and spring leaving me with a decent 2 inches (tee hee).
It did mean, as it's a Type 9, that I had a 50% chance of getting reverse instead of first every time I came at it from neutral... :p

Hi

Fitted new radiator to the 62 series’s 2a.
Had it rebuilt £220
Great job.

IMG_9903.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9916.jpeg
    IMG_9916.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 20
Rewired the Kenlowe fan via a relay. Took a while to get the old grey head round the connection sequence but sorted it in the end. The original wiring was from battery to fuse box direct to thermoswitch (previous owner), with resulting over running when stopped (battery flattening potential), and overloading and blowing fuses when other things are switched on (which happened one night). Whilst rummaging around in the rat's nest which is the instrument wiring on the dashboard, decided to also re-run the wiring for the heater fan (to be fitted at a later date). There is a spare fuse location on connections 3 to 4, so I put a "jumper" connection from 5 to 3. This makes it live only when the ignition is switched on and then the heater fan has its own fuse. Tested the wiring with voltmeter and "voila!" it only blooming well works! The other point is that the Kenlowe switching sequence is much closer to the temperature set on the thermoswitch and the temperature gauge has a smaller movement between cutting in and out. Well, that's how it works parked on the drive, we'll see how things pan out when I take it for a long drive.

I also made a couple of fixed connections to the battery and led a cable back to the front parcel shelf for the solar panel. When I leave the Landy for any length of time I just plonk the panel in the windscreen and use the nifty plug connection to start all those lovely photons surging in to my battery. Keeps things topped up nicely.

Well....knee deep in a total rewiring , wiper motor ( later series III or II) keeps blowing fuse and am not sure how it's wired. So....thinking it not been off in 58 years, pull it and open it. Surprisingly clean inside but commutator needs a recut . So, the step in one brush looks deliberate Yellow wire - Red and Blue wire opposite each other are......?? Body is Earthed.

🤔

Attachments

• IMG-20240503-WA0002_044704.jpeg
    IMG-20240503-WA0002_044704.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 29
I've been down that route, a door pull handle is essential but what's securing it to the door?
I used a couple of handles from some old speaker cabs mounted to the top door rail.
There's a structural piece behind the door pull with some threaded inserts, think the PO added them.

Back
Top Bottom