• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

SNP embezzlement of funds

Now been charged

Since July 2021, Police Scotland’s Operation Branchform has been examining the SNP’s handling of more than £600,000 in donations raised in 2017 for a second independence referendum.

Supporters made complaints when accounts lodged with Companies House in 2020 showed the SNP only had £97,000 in the bank despite the second referendum never having taken place.

The investigation took a dramatic turn on April 5 last year, when police raided Ms Sturgeon and Mr Murrell’s home near Glasgow.

Officers searched the home for two days, erecting a large evidence tent, and a luxury motorhome was confiscated from outside the Fife home of Mr Murrell’s elderly mother.

I agree with Paul, I think you'd struggle to find any politicians who hadn't had their hand in the till, whether that's outright embezzlement or just fiddling their expenses (reminds me of that line in Independence Day..."You don't think a toilet seat costs a million dollars, do you?")

The SNP are not in favour, so they're getting the attention. Watch that space, "Coming to a political party near you!".

Should be stripped of assets if they can't provide proof they earned the money !
Crush any vehicles or I'd bet a few people would love, to blow them up & drive tanks etc over them.

IMG_0429.jpeg

Why does it take so long to investigate this sort of thing? At ridiculous expense to the tax payer, I might add.
They have been at this sort of thing for so long now that they have become very good at hiding things and the evidence to prove it, hence why it is taking so long to unravel the mess to find out what they have actually been doing and proving it. This has always been the same with this sort of crime, it is never as easy as looking through the books and finding the line, Purchase of Motor Home for Mother.... remember it was down as Motor Home for Campaigning away from home.

Why does it take so long to investigate this sort of thing? At ridiculous expense to the tax payer, I might add.

Indeed , reminds me of the post office investigation of how long it’s taking

At the end of the day I useto respect politicians as I always thought they should be at a higher standard , alas this was years ago when I lost all faith in them when the expenses scandle came to light , extremely shameful

Back
Top Bottom