• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

re galvanizing

i put all my galvanising through Joseph Ash but was put in with other parts from a company that uses them for construction, the only part that has come back distorted was the soft top sharks tooth above window, i just riveted from one side to other gradually bending back into shape, the biggest issue i had was the company does not spin the parts after removal from Zinc tank causing snots and crud from surface of zinc to stick in lumps in places, its just thy are industrial galvaniser's.
i found a place in Birmingham and the guy on the phone was saying all the right things i wanted to hear until he said i would have to make a purpose built crate for delivery to them and back to me, the nail in the coffin was no guarantee i would get all the parts back and could not give the date of dipping so no good for me to deliver or pick up same day or over 2 days.

dont forget you also have to get the parts shot blasted clean

Back
Top Bottom