• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Muscle Cramp.

I think I'll be laying off the grinders for a while. Until tomorrow at least.....

Does certainly wake u up very quickly my friend , suppose u get into some relaxed state of mind or loosing concentration

Then of course the shock all of a sudden comes along hitting u like a ton of bricks

Ps, hope u got transport home mate and sorry as I can’t remember how far away u are from me as if ur close / ever need a lift or collecting something etc plse feel free to give me a shout as more than happy to help

Glad you’re still here to tell the tale,I respect power tools had a few close calls myself. You should always work so the grinder,will go away from you if it jamms. Their a dangerous tool even when used properly,blades jam & break up the energy has to go somewhere.
I have a friend who was cutting a cast iron drain pipe,head height the wrong way when it jammed. Then flipped back & cut through his cheek,somehow it narrowly missed his main arteries etc ! He had a few stitches & was very lucky that time !
Another friend hit a nail in wood,slipped & cut through to the muscle in his thumb !

No shit , it will , I only cut top of my thumb of yesterday chopping a fekin onion , had to find it after I sorted my thumb out , should of just fried it wife would never have known , chill out , have a few sherbets 👍👍

Oh blimey, we are a walking A and E department 😂,

Now talking of body parts I think the video “ wrong turn “ comes to mind 🤣🤣

Speedy recovery mate

thing is,I can work all day but seize up when I get home ?
Snap. If I'm doing heavy labour or spend a lot of time in stress positions (like when working in the back of the LR) I seize up. Don't even like stopping for lunch or a tea break - difficult to get going again. Always bad after I've stopped a heavy day.
Cod liver oil, will get some
I read last week that an old remedy was to rub Castor Oil on the affected area to soak in - supposedly very good for muscle and joint pain. I'll send you the article if I can find it again. Might be worth researching.

I was about to reply on the cramp, but kept reading and seems to be down your priority list now!! Hope you recover fast!.

My sciatica cure / relief is stretching. Boring as hell, but it does work. Find a really good physiotherapist to coach you. Can be done remotely, I had good results during Covid over video link. But you have to find the right person, they are not all equal, part of my issue was caused by a physio! My cramp is usually exercise induced, I did a lot of road cycling (no judging now!) for a while and calf cramps were bad. Hydration along with salt seemed to best treatment. Gave up the serious cycling and cramp is a rare thing now..

@Big Sandy cramps….Afghanistan particularly bad for these as dehydration was a constant issue! Ayurvedic medicine believes that cramps, especially in the lower body, are as a result of abnormal motor and muscle control. Dehydration and poor circulation exacerbate this.

I will stick to the things easily available in Blighty and which do not taste like a dog’s hind leg.

Chamomile tea.

Ginger.

Bala

Punanarva

Active measures:

Heat therapy

Ice therapy - literally application of heat or ice to the affected area.

Keep up the chimp food - good for potassium and zinc.

Beware cycling without stretching - cycling shortens the hamstrings which can of course increase the likelihood of cramps….

On that subject, find some good stretching exercises and follow them daily.

Hope your cramps improve!

'Kin 'ell, @Big Sandy. I started reading this to throw in my tuppenceworth on cramps and sciatica, but ended up pleased to hear you're still alive and kicking.

For what it's worth, bananas helped stop my legs from cramping (which was only occasionally). I suffered with sciatica on and off for a few years. The worst was when I couldn't sit down long enough to eat my dinner. Getting twisted like a pretzel by a physiotherapist helped cure that. She was petite and pretty and I carried on going far longer than I needed to.

Back
Top Bottom