• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Discovery 1 Injecter pump querstion: Can i fit my 200tdi pump on my 300tdi engine

markoF11

In Second Gear
Hi everyone mark here in france (im new here).
I have an old Discovery 1 (3 door) with nearly no rust :-=).
After having the cam shaft cog undo and the big mess that it made. I changed my 200tdi engin for a 300tdi that i got in a more recent D1 that had been sitting in a neigbiurs field for some years. After griding off the 200tdi engin mounings and fitting her ( welded on ) from the 300tdi chassi with a new clutch assemble, timing kit + lots of bits... she ran for around 700km. Then the engine raced for about 5 seconds (the time it took me to stop and pull over), and she switched of on the ignition and since she wont start.
I put her on syphon feed (with super clean fuel) with a little had pump so as to bleed here throw. I took the end off the stop celenoide to make sure the fuel would go throw, she blead thow to there easily. I took the injector pipies off back of the pump and turned her over manytimes and not a drop of fuel comes out of the pump. I think the pump is in need of more surgery than i can do. I carnt afford a reconditioned pump at £550.00 + vat + post + deposit + return of old pump ( i just dont have the cash at the mo and need to work with her (doing lighing in musical events).
Q: So, i still have the 200tdi injecter pump, can i fit it on the 300tdi and will it run correctly or is there tweeks to do.?
Q: Is there already a forum on this subject, i tried to find one but no joy yet.
Sorry if this was long and thanks to everyone.
Talk soon.
Marko

Yes, same pump. The only difference may be if you have some of the electrical bits on the 300tdi pump for the egr setup, but that can be ignored / disconnected.

If you have a dial gauge its probably worth checking or resetting the timing to 1.6.

Yes, same pump. The only difference may be if you have some of the electrical bits on the 300tdi pump for the egr setup, but that can be ignored / disconnected.

If you have a dial gauge its probably worth checking or resetting the timing to 1.6.

Ok thanks, id already remouved the egr on the 300tdi engine, will check out videos,nice one.!

Back
Top Bottom