• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Official Land Rover News A NEW ERA FOR RANGE ROVER: WAITING LIST FOR RANGE ROVER ELECTRIC NOW OPEN AS PROTOTYPE TESTING PHASE BEGINS

The first fully electric vehicle from Range Rover is anticipated to be the quietest and most refined Range Rover ever created

RR-BEV-3WAY-2.jpg

Continue reading...

After watching a 3 part video series on trying to diagnose why a Discovery 5 would intermittently (for days at a time) fail to crank, that defeated the main dealer for 3 months, and then took another 3 months before it was finally resolved, I wouldn't even want a ICE version, let alone go full EV. It's bad enough having my laptop crash from time-to-time but trying to rely on a box of electronics on wheels is too mad for me.

back in 2004/5 when I bought my nearly new D2 pursuit td5...the D3 had just launched...already there were concerns about the electronickery on it compared to previous models...concerns proven right on both electronics and the tdv6 propensity to explode
I would be deeply suspicious of purchasing any new LR product due to the myriad sensors and the apparent inability to build reliable electronics or engines...eek

take it a stage further with LR EV vehicles and 'over the air' software updates........ where a careless erk could brick your car and you wont even know why.........
Its bad enough with Microsoft operating systems and the Tuesday patch cycle ....I don't want to have a car that need anti virus and anti hack software ....

Back
Top Bottom