• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

General 2016 Disco sport clutch pedal issue

Stevenj

In Second Gear
have developed a clutch/clutch pedal issue. The pedal is coming up mech higher than the brake pedal and when pressing nothing happens until a few inches from the floor when pressure appears to allow gear selection. When releasing the pressure the pedal again only comes up a few inches then stops. To get the pedal to come fully up I have to put my foot under the pedal and flick it. It then springs back up to the previous over high position.
What would cause this?
Is it’s clutch cylinder and is it expensive to fix at a dealer?

Hi I have this exact same problem - local garage fitted a new clutch switch as said was missing but the clutch pedal still sits a few cms higher than it used to. Can still change gear but something doesn’t feel right on the pedal return. If I carry on driving for a few more days the pedal starts to stick half way up and I pull it back up with the front of my shoe. My question is did you also replace slave cylinder or just the master?

If you're having to pull the clutch pedal up, that is typically a clutch pressure plate / friction plate wear issue - you should also replace the slave cylinder/release bearing assembly at the same time.

Thanks for the advice but it was the master cylinder. The key issue here is pedal returning higher than it should, then when cold or after a few days it sometimes sticks half back way on the return.

The part numbers for my 2017 disco were LR04440 (stop start engines) and LR04439 (normal) make sure you get the right one (they look almost the same)

Price ranged from £60 for afree market and ~£140 for Land Rover. Got it here overnight fedex

http://www.maltings4x4store.co.uk/

Didn’t replace the slave mechanic didn’t suggest either so will update in a few months if all still good. 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom