• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Tyres - Nankang Rollnex FT-9 4x4WD M/T

Nankang are proper chinese budget tyres so dont expect too much from them. For a low use series probably be fine but wouldnt put them on anything that did big miles or had a any performance.

Aside from that I wouldnt buy chinese unless no other choice, purely out of principle given the current virus they shared with the world!

But thats me, I tend to old grudges ;)

Found these at a similar Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 205/80 R16 , BridgestoneDueler H/T 689205/80R16 which may be better, these look like they will do a bit of off-road and work on my rims. Any thought appreciated. Thx

If you want an MT tread pattern the Insa turbo Dakar 2 MT look good and work well. I had them on an S3 lightweight, doing about 4k mile a year.
If is was going to do higher mileage my personal choice would have been to put on a Toyo open country AT.

You can get both in 205/80 and generally aren't too badly priced. Personally I would steer clear of cheap Chinese tyres, even doing very low mileage.

I would avoid the Nangkang, Chinese rubber is persishing very fast. I would exect them to crack and split, and don't expect any wet grip. There are better budget tyres; some of the Malaysian brands are much better and not a lot more.

Last edited:
Beware wet tarmac ! Some of the above can get exciting on wet/even just damp roads from reading reviews and my own experience. I'm looking at Radar Renegades from Singapore -as a possible rugged terrain tyre -anyone tried them yet?

Back
Top Bottom