• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Air suspension and special program!

chris45

In Third Gear
Hi! Disco 3 TDV6. 2007.

First I got a red suspension warning light, restarted and it disappeared then came a " special program off" restarted again and again, on the fourt
restart it finally settled and " normal height" was selected and as I drove on the message " rising slowly" showed up, etc!.
Now this precidure has been going on for 2 days and I,m just curious as to what the hell is going on?? there are no leaks and the Diagnostic show
no errors??? I've heard the stearing-angle and breakswitch can play up causing air-suspension problems but the stearing-angle is Ok, the breakswitch however I dont know??

thanks!

Last edited:
Hi

Indeed if there are no leaks it sounds like ur compressor is wearing out , u can rebuild them as the silica can end up blocking air entry into the compressor

There are rebuild kits for the hitachi compressor's

U can check the live data to see what the psi is of the compressor which will help u see if it’s very low

Hope that helps

Here’s also a chart for u , hope that’s useful to u

Attachments

• IMG_0169.png
    IMG_0169.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi

Indeed if there are no leaks it sounds like ur compressor is wearing out , u can rebuild them as the silica can end up blocking air entry into the compressor

There are rebuild kits for the hitachi compressor's

U can check the live data to see what the psi is of the compressor which will help u see if it’s very low

Hope that helps
Thanks a million Stuart! always helpfull!....how about the Breakswitch??

Forgot to add , plse ensure ur battery is fully charged as there very power hungry

Should see a min or around 12.6 vdc with the engine off and around 14.5vdc with the engine running

Thanks a million Stuart! always helpfull!....how about the Breakswitch??
Ur so very welcome , normally u would see a fault code if the brakeswitch has failed , plse see if ur brake lights work as that’s normally the first sign of them failing if they don’t work , of course u would check bulbs first , lol

But indeed if all is working and no fault codes would normally indicate the brake switch is ok

Ur so very welcome , normally u would see a fault code if the brakeswitch has failed , plse see if ur brake lights work as that’s normally the first sign of them failing if they don’t work , of course u would check bulbs first , lol

But indeed if all is working and no fault codes would normally indicate the brake switch is ok
Actually NO! one of my breaklights are not working! well, well that escaped me completely! thanks a bunch didnt even think about it!

Actually NO! one of my breaklights are not working! well, well that escaped me completely! thanks a bunch didnt even think about it!

Always a pleasure in helping where possible, always a forum team effort in helping others

If I may add having a multimeter or test light are also extremely useful items to have , along with diagnostics which of course u already have so that’s a bonus

Personally change my bulbs as a pair as Sod’s Law u change one and then the other one fails 🤣

Not wishing to try and teach u how to suck eggs but If u find a new bulb doesn’t work try the connector wires / fuse as sometimes u can get bad connections to the rear cluster , plse let us know how u get in and plse always feel free to ask if u get stuck on anything

I have a faulty " ride level control module" and a faulty " steering angle sensor" just did a scan, unfortunately the diagnostic scanner is partly broken so I couldnt calibrate anything, just finding faults! however these two errors I believe could have negative effects on the Air-suspension?? or am I completely nuts?

Back
Top Bottom