• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

1971 Series IIa 88" Overhaul

That sounds like a good idea. I've got to make up some shrouding for this one anyway so I might as well put the work into a more efficient fan. Thanks for the tip.
Old Ford fiesta one or similar . You can buy the radiator hose sensor off eBay for not much money, way cheaper than Kenlowe and eases load on yer waterpump which don't seem to last long these days .... ( 3 Brit part ones in 20 years šŸ˜³)

I am just wondering if a small core plug could be used to cap off those fitting in the carb that you drilled out ...
I don't know if you can get them that small. The hole was about 0.118" diameter. I think the plugs I drilled out were made of lead so maybe a similar diameter of solder wire would work too. Actually that sounds like a better and easier idea than turning little plugs on the lathe... I might just try that if there's ever a next time.

Back
Top Bottom